TURN IT AROUND aims to educate and empower Charlestown’s youth to find their passions and reach their full potential - using community service, art, sports, civic engagement, social justice, poetry, music, film, theatre, and even the outdoors as vehicles for engagement and discovery.
Who We Are:
Our annual community events include:
- Youth basketball tournaments
- Prevention assemblies
- Peace walks
- Neighborhood revitalization projects
- Prescription drug take-back events
- BBQ and resource fairs
- Holiday parade & strolls
- Clothing drive give-backs
- Volunteering at the BHA Family Fun Day
- Teaching LifeSkills to youth at the Boys and Girls Club
- Lessons about MLK and Civil Rights and more!
Additional events and workshops are focused solely on building up member protective factors and include:
- Spoken word poetry workshops
- Nutrition lessons
- Personal finance presentations
- Trips to RMV to get MA IDs
- Therapeutic painting
- Resume and job search assistance
- Stress reduction techniques
- Prevention month photo contest
Introducing: TIA JR!
We are overjoyed to announce the expansion of TURN IT AROUND into TIA JR, programming for youth in 5th-8th grade. This started in Fall of 2022, and is run by Alum Zaire Richardson. Stay tuned for more information!